Subject: Re: [Leica] Use just a 50mm, are you nuts???????
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 1:50 +0100 (PDT)

Georgette Oden wrote:

> Question-- if I can only afford two (used) lenses... what should they
> be?
> I'm about to leave for Ireland and Bosnia/Kosovo.  I'm thinking a 35 1.4
> and a 90 2.8.  What do you think??  Keep in mind my finances are
> strained
> to the breaking point with the body purchase (found a slightly scratched
> body for $1300, hooray) plus plane tickets etc.

Assuming that you don't mean the asph version of the 35mm f1.4 (as you say
that money is tight), then I think you'd be happier with the non-asph 35mm
f2, than with the non-asph 35mm f1.4.

If you're really serious about Kosovo, make sure your medical insurance,
life insurance and Will are up to date before you leave.

            David Morton  |  "saepius ventis agitatur ingens
dmorton@journalist.co.uk  |  pinus est celsae graviore casu
   Islington, London, UK  |  decidunt turres feriuntque summos
      (+44) 171 272 8908  |  fulgura montis." (Horace)