Subject: [Leica] White House Photographers
From: jorge@cybernetrix.com (Jorge Fernandez)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 17:49:11 +0200

>> Interesting. I wouldn't expect any of the White House press corp to =
be
brandishing an M6.<<

Hello All,
Aside from my "official" duties, I am also the photographer for Embassy =
functions and VIP visits. Last year, during a visit from Al Gore, I got =
to meet and chat with a member of the White House photo staff travelling =
with Mr. Gore. At the time, I was using my M6 and 35/50 Summicrons with =
some fill flash using a 283 and the VP-1. She was using a Nikon F90 with =
a short zoom and flash for everything.  She was thrilled to see me using =
just the M6 and later showed me an M4/35 in black chrome that she had =
since the 70's. She carried that baby everywhere and could always count =
on it for the special personal shots we don't see very often. As we were =
chatting, the M4 slipped from her hands and fell about 4 feet onto a =
marble floor. I quickly knelt to pick it up while she sluffed it off =
saying she had dropped it so many times and it always kept on ticking.=20
I think I met the fellow you are referring to in your post. This was the =
President's visit late last year. At the time, I only saw him carrying =
around the M6 with what appeared to be a 28 Elmarit and that's all.  =
There are more M6's out there than we think.

Regards,
Jorge Fernandez
US Embassy, Madrid