Subject: [Leica] Noctilux Question
From: Jorge Fernandez <Jorge.Fernandez@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 01 Dec 1997 12:32:58 -0500

     In light of all the recent Noctilux banter, I have a question for
     those who are knowledgeable in the Noctilux lineage. I understand that
     the second design (not the 1.2) came out approximately around
     1975-1976. However, I have not seen any literature indicating an
     optical redesign through all these years. I did read a test report
     recently that described a change in design around 1980 or at least an
     improvement. Leica says the design has remained unchanged to the
     present day. Has Leica done optical tweaking that it does not consider
     a redesign, and how does the older model, say from the 1976 period
     differ from a more recent one?

     TIA,
     Jorge