Subject: Re: [Leica] Replacement found for PX625 cell
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 19:25:45 -0400

Well, we've hashed this out before, but there are better ways to deal with
a VERY SMALL potential source of Hg contamination. Deposits and recyling
come to mind.

To make obsolete tens of thousands of electric devices in an environmental
frenzy is irresponsible. Perhaps we should ban gasoline. It, and its
by-products present a MUCH larger environmental risk than a few batteries.
Thank goodness I live near a nation where more reasonable politics prevails!

kw

>regulations that removed them from the market. <<<<
>

>Ken, your frustration is understandable. However, irresponsible was the
>introduction of batteries containing mercury, an element known to be lethal

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>