Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Minolta and Zeiss
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 18:53:08 -0500

At 02:47 PM 4/13/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm confused. Are these Kyocera lenses related to the Zeiss lenses that are
>sold for the Contax SLRs? What is the relationship between Kyocera and
>Zeiss?

Kyocera owns the Contax name. They make all of the Contax bodies and most
of the Contax Zeiss licensed lenses. Zeiss makes a few themselves. For
example, the 15mm lens, and the 300 2.8 Tele Apo Tessar. I'm sure there's a
few more. But then, there aren't that many Contax lenses, even compared to
Leica.

The Leica zooms Kyocera makes (and the Nikon 60 Micro is made by them too)
are Leica designs.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.