Subject: Re: [Leica] Not Artist!! - Photographer.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:44:24 -0400

Tom Shea wrote:

<<<<There are many areas of endeavor where this artist / non artist issue
arises. It really becomes a definitional issue.  What is the definition of
an artist one wishes to use. >>>>>>>

Tom,

As a photjournalist/news photographer whatever, I never wanted to be called
or referred to being an "artist." As I thought that a degrading
nomenclature and degrading as though I was shooting pictures of peeling
paint and dried leaves. :)

However when I was referred to being a very good photographer whose ability
to capture great moments of life in an "art form" and they were prepared to
pay me very handsomely for my photographs. I really didn't care what they
called me as long as they kept giving me very nice cheques!

And sizable cheques are a pure "Art form" I can handle any day! :)

ted