Subject: Re: [Leica] Court ruling
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:16:00 +0000

Eric Welch wrote:

>From what I've heard, most photographers don't like to photograph
Clinton,
> because he is so stone-faced. He seems to always be wearing his "public"
> face, and never lets surprise show. I'm sure that played a part in his
> success. But photographers hate it, just like comedians hated losing Ronald
> Regan. A lot less to work with.

I covered the 1992 election as it swang through Georgia and had the
dubious pleasure of meeting & photographing President (then
candidate) Clinton face to face early on in the campaign right after
the Jessica Flowers stroy broke. I was mostly impressed by his
similarity to a used car salesman.

After having covered George Bush several times and meeting him and
his wife I was amazed to see the public go for Clinton in such a big
way.  I think it is a shame more people can't meet thier
representatives face to face, some things may change.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto