Subject: [Leica] Re: Monday production (WAS: Subjective lens impression)
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:00:25 +0200

On 12-04-1998 21:07 Pascal wrote:

>According to Mr. Artur Landt in his book on the Leica R7 it is absolutely
>out of the question that one will buy a "monday production" Leica lens
>due to Leica's quality control (Verlag Laterna, page 105)...
>No comment.

I might have been misinterpreted.

My remark was not in any way meant to be directed against Alf's elaborate
and very useful subjective lens impressions.
It was rather a joke in view of the many quality issues we have
experienced on this list, especially on the R system, or so it appears.
It seems Mr. Landt is somewhat "intoxicated" by PR stuff. Stringent
quality control without equal in the industry is one of Leica's arguments
to rationalize the huge cost of their lenses. But I don't want to start
another big QC debate!
:-)

Pascal

Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !