Subject: Re: [Leica] Court ruling
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 20:47:32 -0500

At 08:27 PM 4/12/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Is that a guarantee by you personally? Here, in NYC, where it's perfectly
legal to
>photograph a stranger without permission, I know a number of photographers
who've
>landed in jail for taking photos (albeit after a policeman told them to
stop. The police,
>however, are not within their power to stop a photographer from
photographing a public
>scene and were in the wrong in every instance I'm citing).

Danny,

Isn't it true that this New York hostility towards photographers is in part
encouraged by the Mayor (heard this on the NPPA list a while back), and
wasn't it recently announced that he has pictures on display at the Leica
gallery? Guess he doesn't like competition. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Those with all of the answers are those who have stopped asking questions.