Subject: [Leica] "Privacy"
From: Yods1 <Yods1@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:51:14 EDT

Dan C. wrote;

The above ruling involved a photograph of a (17-year-old student) woman

sitting on the doorstep of a building and used to illustrate a story on

urban life.  Was she "in a high-profile role...blah, blah"?   Obviously

not.  Why didn't the freelance photographer get her permission?   Unless I

am in the middle of robbing a bank, what gives a newspaper the right to

publish my photograph without my permission?  I should be able to relax in

the park eating an ice-cream cone, and not have to worry about seeing my

picture in the paper the next day. =20

	Dan, if you don't already you should be living in one of these antisocial
gated communities that have spread like a lesions thruought Southern
California. Yes, privacy is a right that belongs to the public, LIKE THE RIGHT
TO  A FREE PRESS. The right to a free press doesn't belong to the journalist,
it belongs to the public, and you need to protect it. But you would see it
gone for such a silly reason.
	Being photographed does you no harm. The publication of the photograph does
you no harm. Such litigious, selfish attitudes will be the downfall of us all.
	Dave Y.