Subject: [Leica] Meter question
From: Stephen Kobrin <kobrins@wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 17:24:05 -0400

As long as we are on the topic of meters and metering, I would like some
advice from the group.  I have a small Sekonic meter (L-79, I think) that
has been sent back twice for servicing.  While the battery check now reads
correctly, it still is about one stop high in bright light.  That is, it
reads correctly -- i.e., matches my Sekonic 308b -- say up to about f8 at
125th at ASA 100, but at high exposure values is off.  In bright sunlight,
again, at ASA 100 it will read f22 at 125th instead of f16.  Question,  is
this within the normal range of error with this sort of meter?  Given that
exposure in bright sunlight is not that hard to figure out, I can deal with
it, but if it is not, I am going to ask for a new meter.  I should add that
all of the discussion over the last week or so has motivated me to attach
that funny little white dome to my 308b and try incident metering!

Steve