Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 and 28mm?
From: roiyzart@connix.com
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 09:40:25 +0000

I needed a 28 for a recent project and was able to borrow for half a
day the 28 Elmarit M which I mounted on an M6.  With my glasses I do
indeed have the viewfinder problem with the 28 mm frames.  However,
I unearthed an eyepiece correction lens which, while it did not give
complete correction (presbyopia is such a bother), offered enough to
enable me to use the camera's viewfinder.

The project was also an opportunity to try out the E200 that has been
a  topic of discussion here.  Both with the filtration I had to use
for the ambient artificial lighting (FLD on the lens, light green gel
over the flash head used for fill) and without filters for areas
illuminated by a skylight, it performed very well - nice grain, good
color rendition.

Oh yes - I did pleat the leader before loading :-)

Roy

> I have an M6 and rarely use it with a 28. Most of my 28mm shooting is done
> on an earlier M or screwmount and using a BL finder. (I don't wear glasses
> either)
>
> Cheers!
>
> kw
>

> >  I saw my first M6 today and was thinking about buying one to use with a
> >28mm lens.  When I moved the frame lever to the 28 position, I found it
> >difficult to see the whole frame at once, even though I don't wear glasses!
> >It seems I'd be better off just buying a separate bright line finder for my
> >M2, but I'd like to hear if others share my initial impression, or find the
> >28 frame works well for them.

Roy C. Zartarian
"A prophet is not without honor except in his own land and among his own people."