Subject: [Leica] E-200 Fog!!
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:51:11 -0500

Luggers,

I have been looking at the film again and notice that the end of the film
is clear down to about 00 and then is black for about 1/2" and then becomes
dark reddish.  This is the part of the film that sticks out of the cassette
and is inserted into the take up spool of the M6.  I only exposed about 31
exposures out of 36.  On the other end of the film, from 32 all the way
down to and including the part taped on the spool in the cassette - it is
dark reddish.  Now this is interesting since nothing on the film past 32
was ever out of the cassette.  Certainly not down to the part still taped
to the spool in the cassette.

Conclusion:  It wasn't caused by the shutter in the M6, or be a light leak
in the M6.  It also goes from edge to edge (past the sprockets) of the
film.  The processor noticed it between frames when he mounted the slides
and thought it was caused by fogging by the camera.

I don't understand why the beginning of the film has the 1/2" of black and
then the reddish starts and apparently is uniform to the end of the film in
the spool in the cassette.

Bad processing??  Bad storage??  Bad manufacturing??

I know some on the LUG have been commercially processing E6 films - what
causes this???  I also have one other cartridge of E-200 but don't know if
it is from the same batch.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK