Subject: Re: [Leica] Seminar dates... West Coast
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:57:07 -0700

Hi Ted-

Just to throw in my own two cents and a completely biased geographical
opinion - why not consider Eureka, Calif? It was rated as number one in
"The 100 Best Small Art Towns in America" book by John Villani, 1996. It is
right in the middle of the US West Coast (San Francisco 300 mi south,
Portland 400 mi north).  We are in the heart of Redwood National Park, and
near unspoiled, rugged coastlines. To the east are mountains and rivers.
For street shooters, we have Oldtown, lots of festivals and even have one
of the last refuges of the 1960's at the Plaza in nearby Arcata, with some
very interesting looking students from Humboldt State.

To quote Villani, "The town's 28,600 residents live within reach of some of
the most spectacular natural wonders America offers." There are numerous
arts organizations that would be very supportive of a photo seminar, too.

Just some thoughts. . .

Gary Todoroff