Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 00:12:31 -0400

This is, perhaps, the silliest thread we have yet had on the LUG, and I am
an early member (four years or so now).

I have a rifle.  On rare occasions, I shoot.  I do not hunt.  Jim Brick and
I first encountered each other on the LUG when he told me What A Loser I
Was To Own Such A Piece of !@#$%^&  (Jim, I love you anyway, despite your
lamentable lack of knowledge of basic ordnance!).

I have a LOT of cameras, almost all of which are operable and almost all of
which I will use from time to time.  I shoot pictures with them, or I take
pictures, or I make pictures.  The terminology is unimportant:  I expose
film with them.

I do not wish to get exercized over the language used to express a simple
mechanical part of an artistic process.  I CAN get exercized over those who
express anti-firearm sentiments, as the only possible reason for someone to
object to my owning a firearm is a desire to tell me what to do, something
I find offensive in the extreme, but that is not a proper subject for the
LUG (though I will be delighted to discuss it in grand detail off-line).

Might I suggest we allow this topic to die its natural death and get back
to the basics of how we use the cameras we love?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!