Subject: Re: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 18:55:02 -0400

Alan Hull writes:

> Here's another one   .......   SHOOT.
> Its been fifteen years since I visited an English speaking country, so I
> was amazed when i first subscribed to the LUG a few months ago to
> discover
> the prevalence of the word SHOOT for PHOTOGRAPH.>>>>>>>>>>

I just thought I'd add a quick note about using "that word" around the
Queen's security officers or the Prime Minister of Canada's mounties! :)

It's like, "what did you say?" as you the photographer are lying on the
ground face down asking for mercy! :)

I don't mind the word, as it has crept into the lexicon of photography and
to some degree is merely a colloquialism. But I do find I correct myself
when the word slips into a conversation or writing.

I don't find it bothersome as it has really become just part of the
photographers language as in, "soup (the film)" :)

ted