Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: looking for good dealers
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 15:41:10 -0500

At 01:51 PM 04-04-98 EST, charlie trentelman wrote:

>People pondering all the discussion of aspheric lenses and so on when
>pondering a first-time leica lens purchase might also want to remember that
>Leica didn't make any "bad" glass and it's all much better at taking pictures
>than you are. My 35 2.8 summaron, and even my BM 3.5 elmar 50mm, are
>frighteningly good.

This is a good point that is worth commenting on.  Even the worst of Leica
lenses are still top notch performers.  I just printed some shots taken
with my 90 tele-elmarit, a lens many people disparage.  The 8x10s are
beautifull.  Maybe the latest 90 elmarit is better, but the differences are
only in the decimal places.   The latest ASPH lenses may be setting the
standards, but the previous versions still work fine.

Dan C.