Subject: Re: [Leica] New 50/1.4 R and 180/2.8 APO R
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 08:44:37 -0500

Eric Welch,

I just got my 2nd R8 winder; it's made working with my R8/80 f1.4 combo a
delight.
The balance & the extra feeling of security when you work with it is a real
"value add"; plus not having to take your eye off the viewfinder ;-)!

Once I get my 180 f2.8 APO; I'll be getting out there & doing some "fun"
people photography.  I really look forward to working with four lenses; a.)
24mm. b.) 35mm.
c. 80/90mm. d.) 180 APO doing hand held work.

My 70-180 APO has become my "field" lens for landscape work. I'm still
learning how to use the 280 f4 APO; it's being used for a combo of
landscape & portrait shots.

I know, I know, it's time for another seminar & Ted Grant's Cape Cod Leica
seminar would be ideal!

Tom D.