Subject: Re: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 11:03:39 +0200

At 01:27 04.04.1998 -0500, Jeff wrote:
>This brings to mind a something I've been wondering for some time.
>Whenever I read Leica literature in English, it's constantly going on
>about the Leica `program' -- generally in a context where I'd expect the
>word `system'.  Is this an artifact of translation from German, or is it
>a quirk of British English?

If you speak of a 'Programm' (program) in German, you also mean the
(realization of an) underlying idea or intertion, while the system is
"just" an enumeration/ counting or description (?, word) of the somehow
linked materials.

More clear ? I'm afraid: No      :)

Alf
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm