Subject: [Leica] dealers
From: "delia" <louzan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 17:37:27 -0000

To disagree with most of you, Danny seems to be someone intelligent,
polite, and fair - which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for some of
you.  After years of buying equipment in NYC, I can honestly say that 90%
of the problems are not the fault of the consumers, but of the dealers:
 -inaccurate descriptions
 -selling grey market items as having USA warranty
 -14-day money back guaranteed magazine ads, yet after purchase only
exchanges are actually offered
 -store prices different from mail order prices
 -selling demos as brand new items
 -switch-and-bite
 -charging extra for additional items, originally meant to be included
 and the list goes on and on...

Though they are out there, a good dealer is definitely hard to find.
If the buyer feels cheated out of a deal, an honest dealer should make
further ammends (provide some options, or at very least apologize) than
just refund the money.

Robert Louzán