Subject: Re: [Leica] CL lens compatability
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:48:35 -0500

SNIP --
LEICAMAN56 wrote:

> Have used the 35/1.4 ASPH (2nd version) on the M5 quite a bit.  Can >report no clearance or metering problems.  As this is a larger lens, it >feels in proportion with the size of the M5.  It handles much better on >the M5 than earlier 35 Summicrons or Summiluxes did.
>
> Bill Rosauer

SNIP --

Bill,

Thanks for your response and comments on the M5 and the f1.4/35 ASPH.
Another LUGGER, new to the list, E-mailed me in private and suggested
that for additional clearance, the lens should be set on 0.7m to move
the rear element into the the lens and away from the metering arm on the
M5 and the CL.  He (as did I) recognized the possible rangefinder
focussing problem with the CL and the lens wide open.  Thanks again.

Bill Caldwell
sneeker@erols.com