Subject: [Leica] Re: Hello 'less is more'-party
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:06:17 +0100

Thanks to Eric, Dan and Ted for the funny responses. I loved especially
Ted's >I prefer the construction
methods of Leica, Ferrari, Porsche, RRoyce and other "quality
manufacturers!" :)<. These are indeed good examples concerning quality
problems!
OK, it's really unimportant whether the one thing is good or the other
thing is better - it's what you make it. But these 'Leica offers a new
trend' or 'people don't need a 100% viewfinder, 8fps...' statements are
irrational, far from truth, denying the facts. Eric, of what
significance do you think is a baseball picture taken without AF and
without motor ??? Does it mean others do not need or should not have
them? Do you want Leica to decide what you need?

You wrote:
>Leica doesn't want to keep up. They want to go their own way, and they >make the compromises where they are important to keep the price of
>their cameras down to the level they can live with. (...)  3D Matrix
>RGB metering? That's less than two years old. Leica takes
>longer than that to add any technology. Leave it up to them to put it
>in a future camera, if it really pans out.<

Do you see the contradiction between >don't want to keep up< and >put it
in a future camera< ?
Oh no, I know it's hopeless, you're addicted. I'll put that down.

And BTW two of my pictures are on Jun Nakajimas side. These were taken
with an M3 (actually without using the 88% viewfinder). And, yes, I
dumped that dull thing.