Subject: Re: [Leica] Got my Winder R8!!!!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 12:16:16 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:

<<<The R8 is not a good choice for me. But I sure miss my M6 for carrying a
camera when I'm not working. >>>>>>

Hi Eric,

When I did the Vancouver shoot last week and only used the 50mm 1.4 with
the R8 and winder, I found it much easier to handle than expected. I'm sure
it was the winder and smaller lens compared to the larger lenses I'm
accustomed on the R8.

The winder made it quicker, as I didn't have to take the camera away from
my eye allowing me to shoot and move for a slightly different composition
or exposure change. My assistant, Sandy Carter said, "Damn good you didn't
have a faster motor or we'd be here until June editing film at the rate you
used it with the winder!" :)

I tend to "write with the camera" on a shoot like this and edit on the
light table. But having just received a winder, I did on occasion get a
"tad carried away" clicking. :)

Glad to hear you like yours and your reactions are similar to mine. It just
fits perfect, hums right along near silently and makes for a better hand
feeling.

Now if they'd only get the motors here! :) Hey would we be satisfied with
just the winders?  All they've done is wet the appetite for the motor.:)

ted