Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Glory and Improper Posting
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:00:53 -0500

At 26 Mar 1998 21:18:40 -0500, "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com> wrote:

> It's not really a matter of freedom of speech, but of civility;

Exactly.  We're all free to post any kind of annoying drivel we want here;
this is an unmoderated group.  So we have to exercise that freedom
responsibly, and think of our audience before posting.  If something is likely
to offend or annoy the assembled company out of all proportion to its
informational or discussion-seeding value, or if it's likely to set off a
firestorm of reflex responses from people who'll never budge from their views,
it's best to leave it unsent.  So far, for example, I've mostly managed to
steer clear of those "what is *real* photographic art" threads...