Subject: Re: [Leica] At what altitudes is it adviseable to use an UV
From: "Uwe Mader" <uwe_mader@cclink.metrodesk.metrotor.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 98 11:01:21 EST

Hello Milos,

If you are going to Solms I suggest you stop in at the town of Braunfels and
visit the castle Braunfels.  There is a tour of this castle which I found
interesting.  You might develop a sense of deja vu as you visit the castle as
Leica used to use photos taken near the entrance gates in their brochures.
Wetzlar is not too far from Solms and it is a nice little town especially the
older section and the cathedral along with the Leitz factory. The following link
will provide information on Solms, but alas it is in german.

http://www.solms.de/start/start.html

Regarding those bargains at the factory I have never experienced them.  What
they do have are the Leica boutique items, a lot of brochures, of course the
Leica family tree display and a photo gallery of sorts.  What I might suggest is
that you contact Leica at Solms, and ask if you can have a tour of the facility
when you visit.

Uwe Mader