Subject: Re: [Leica] which 90mm lens for the M?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:51:03 -0600

At 06:07 PM 3/26/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Is the 2.0 as sharp and contrasty at 2.8 as the 2.8 at 2.8?

No, I don't think so. Close enough for me, but for you? If you don't really
need it, get the Elmarit. Or better yet, the 100 Apo Macro. Then you will
have the absolutely sharpest, contrastiest lens on the planet in that
range, hands down, no competition. (Except maybe the 70-180 2.8 Apo Elmarit R.)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!