Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Glory and Improper Posting
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:46:11 -0600

At 07:37 PM 3/26/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Thank you for your opinions, poorly expressed and pointless though they
>were.  I would just ask you to bear a few things in mind.
>
>First of all, our dear leader has yet to be found guilty of any of the
>charges against him except in the court of public opinion.  Secondly, there

If you would read my post more carefully, and see which part I was writing
and what part someone else is writing (clue, two arrows) then you would see
I was addressing the issue of pornography, and the mistaken notion that
"puritanical" people are some sort of monolith who think alike. Bill
Clinton had nothing to do with that in particular.

Your evangelical sermon on hell and damnation (and judgement) are well
taken, except that it's naive. Why? Because we all judge many people in our
lives (it's called voting!), and measure the character of others for
various reasons. And to say we don't, or shouldn't  is just plain silly. I
can twist the scriptures to say whatever I want as well. What does that
have to do with Leica?

Leicas are the best. That's a judgement.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke