Subject: Re: [Leica] How to store the lens ?
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:57:59 -0800

Chiente,

The problem with a light bulb ( even though it works ) is the possible fire
hazard. The glass is hot enough to ignite some materials if it comes in
contact. I use a device that I believe is still available called a Golden
Rod. It is about 5/8" diameter, 2 feet long  and comes with a mounting
bracket clip. It draws about 25 to 35 watts and offers just enough heat to
keep the air circulating. It stays cool enough to eliminate the fire
danger. Check with an RV or marine supply company. They are used in boats
and RV's that are put up for the winter.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA
USA
dmedley@whidbey.net

- ----------
> From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] How to store the lens ?
> Date: Thursday, March 26, 1998 6:02 AM
>
> Chiente,
>
> A fairly well sealed armoire (sp?) or small closet with a low voltage
light bulb that's
> constantly left on would be all of the protection you'ld need provided
that you're
> diligent in keeping from ever having a dead bulb for any period of time.
It is the heat