Subject: Re: [Leica] use of circular polarizer
From: MSwiek <MSwiek@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:57:15 EST

My experience with the Leitz/leica circular polarizers in Series VII and Sries
VIII sizes is as follows.  Look for a yellow or other colored dot on the back
of the filter ring.  This dot should face the lens.  When the dot is facing
the subject the apparent polarization effect is negligible.  With the dot
facing the lens, the effect is quite noticeable.  Can't explain why, but
discovered this wheile I was trying to figure out what the reason for the
yellow dot was.

Mike Swiek