Subject: Re: [Leica] Dan C. Filters
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 23:06:11 -0800

At 11:25 PM 3/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 02:02 AM 23-03-98 +0000, David Morton wrote:
>[snip]
>>
>>Well you're entitled to your opinion, obviously, but it easy to
>>demonstrate that even the best UV filter can contribute a significant
>>amount of flare.
>
>I would love to see a demonstration of the same scene photographed with and
>without a UV filter.
>
>Dan C.

Dan,

I wasn't going to post anymore tonite. Very tired. But I am putting
together a workshop program and will indeed have a lot to say about
filters. Now that the weather here on the coast of CA looks like spring, I
am, with the help of my daughter, shooting filter stuff. I will
specifically comply with your request. It'll take a few weeks, but I'll do it.

I shot a bunch of stuff a couple of weeks ago (So. end of San Francisco
Bay). A lot of reflection (glare) on the water, and I shot some S-curve
walkway compositions. I used my M6 and 35/2. No filter. Got flare. Ugh!
This would have never happened with my R camera as I would have seen it on
the GG screen. And moved the composition slightly to eliminate the flare.

Later Dan,

Jim