Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 2:02 +0000 (PST)

> Unlike some of you, I am fastidious about my glass and always keep a UV
> filter on my lenses.

I, on the other hand, am fastidious about my pictures, which is why I
leave the UV filters off unless they're needed.

> I don't think there's any degradation in optical
> performance because of this.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, obviously, but it easy to
demonstrate that even the best UV filter can contribute a significant
amount of flare.

            David Morton | "I've finally figured out what's wrong with
dmorton@journalist.co.uk | photography. It's a one-eyed man looking
   Islington, London, UK | through a little 'ole. Now, how much reality
      (+44) 171 272 8908 | can there be in that?" (David Hockney)