Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 18:32:08 -0500

Unlike some of you, I am fastidious about my glass and always keep a UV
filter on my lenses.  I don't think there's any degradation in optical
performance because of this.

However one thing I would urge you all to do is to have a look at the book
"REQUIEM."  It should interest you from two perspectives.  First of all,
many of the journalists featured in the book used Leica's.  Secondly, since
they were using them in the harsh conditions of combat, they could not
affort the time or effort required to be fastidious.

The point is, we buy the Leica precisely because (among many reasons) it is
so rugged.  So don't worry too much about these kinds of things.  Just get
out there and take photos and share some of them with us please.

Bruce S.