Subject: Re: [Leica] Jim Kuehl
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 10:37:06 -0600

At 06:57 AM 3/21/98 -0800, you wrote:
>It's a superlative lens! Upon receiving it, I took it to a local camera
>store to get a handled case for it. All four employees recognized it and
>their eyes' pupils dilated immediately. One blurted out, "You must have
>had to take a second mortgage out on your house to get that!". The best
>published examples of this lens' capabilities are in Brian Bowers'
>books.

I had that lens for over a year (and had to sell it to finish grad.
school). It was the first version (polarizer? I don't need no steenking
polarizer with this lens!) , and I miss it to this day. I've never used
anything that could match it. Makes me wonder how good the newer stuff is.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I disagree with unanimity.