Subject: Re: [Leica] A Chatterton Story
From: ATanabe <ATanabe@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 01:42:03 EST

<< Chatterton didn't do anything dishonorable or dishonest, and yes, I
 guess you can't expect a company to handle all usual traffic when operating
at
 one-third staff.  But... somehow it still left a bad taste in my mouth.  >>

Here in the state of Washington, where Don runs his mailorder operation, there
is NO state income tax.  Our budget is financed by sales tax only, (8.75%).
Don escapes contributions to the upkeep of the state by not doing business
with any Washingtonians.  Am I bitter? yes, he has many good deals.  Is this
right? no, he should be obliged to collect taxes to support our state.  By the
amount of items that seem to go through his web page the state could reap a
heafty amount.  Things would be different if we had an income tax, he would at
least be paying his share to the state.
Al