Subject: Re: [Leica] Velvia vs. Provia - what's the verdict?
From: "Craig W. Shier" <shier@mnsinc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:55:35 -0500

I use Provia almost exclusively at the moment.  I've used lots of
Kodachrome and Velvia though.  Provia is less saturated than Velvia
but still quite saturated.  It has somewhat more tonal range and is
more pleasing to the eye when viewing lots of slides in succession.
Velvia can get a bit overwhelming.  Provia gives very blue skies with
35mm Summicron without polarizer.  I get best results rating it at
125.  I've tried a couple rolls of Astia and can second the other
comments on it.

Craig Shier

shier@mnsinc.com