Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: black and white beginner questions
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:46:11 -0500

At 12:57 PM 3/18/98 -0000, Simon Ogilvie wrote:
>There are currently only two films that fit this category as far
>as I am aware - Ilford XP-2 and Kodak Tmax 400CN.  Ilford
>is reputedly about to release an update to XP-2 (which itself
>replaced XP-1 a few years back), and Agfa and Konica are
>both working on similar emulsions.

Actually, Agfa at one time DID market a chromogenic emulsion, Agfapan
Vario-XL, back in the early 1980's.  It died in the marketplace due to poor
US sales, primarily brought about, predictably enough, by the abyssmal Agfa
distribution network in the US.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!