Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Hood
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 06:53:21 -0500

I can't answer your question, but I can tell you how I check such things. I
go into a darken room and open the back of door on my M camera. I set the
shutter on B and lock it open with a cable release. I then slide a piece of
wax paper into the film gate and look at it while pointing my lens at a
light bulb. Moving the camera around a little will show if the combination
will be suitable.

kw

>I have the last model 35 Summicron. It came with the square plastic lens
>shade with the tabs that correspond to the slots in the lens. I'd like
>to use the #12585 lens shade with the lens instead of the dedicated one
>because it's easier to feel the aperature ring grips without the shade
>getting in the way. The shade fits the lens. My question is whether
>there will be any vignetting problems. Advice appreciated.
>
>Carl S.

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                        <kwilcox@gfn.org>