Subject: [Leica] Another R8 defect...
From: "Christopher Hoover" <cdhoover@invitrogen.com>
Date: 15 Mar 98 19:36:02 -0800

         Reply to:   Another R8 defect...
I had a problem with the meter on the R8. The sensitivity was skewed
toward the the upper left quadrant. It took a few rolls of film to figure it
out, since the matrix compensated fairly well. But spot metering was very
bad. Leica fixed it under passport in about a month. Works wonderfully
now--love the body and the easy MLU.

BTW, who has the best US price on winders? CWO told me $420, but I havent
checked to see if they ever got any in stock.

Chris Hoover
cdhoover@invitrogen.com