Subject: Re: [Leica] Famous Fernando M6 Adventure / addendum
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 11:34:37 +0100

The demo cameras and lenses (that have been used by Leica representatives at
different camera shows, etc), are branded with a red "o" beside the serial
number on the package. There is also a label with the text
"Ausstellungsware: Funktionssicherheit laut Leica-Garantie wird
gewahrleistet".
I have a demo Summicron 50 and (1997) M6 that I bought with 20% discount
because of being demos.
I know that the Leica factory has very strict policies about what is to be
regarded as a new product and a 'demo' product. They will definately not
allow a dealer to sell demo stuff as new. That is why they are marked.
(I can give more details if you want proof about that).
/Hans