Subject: [Leica] Famous Fernando M6 Adventure / addendum
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 23:32:25 EST

 Looking back through some older posts, I found a prvate mailing to me
 from Erwin Puts in regard to the "Guido Ridoli" affair and how wise it is
 when you buy a new M6 or anything for that matter, to check the serial
 number & see if it is current.

 According to Erwin & some others that are involved in Leica sales :

 >Any Leica product that is received as rejected is repaired and not put
 back in the box.  It is used as a demo, as camera for testing or in the
 Leica training schools.  Some are sold as "red dot versions" (used but
 with full factory backing,etc) <. I was also told by a US rep that we use
 the designation "U" in the US to mean the same thing.

 This was told to me in good faith and I believe it -- but I also believe that
 M6 factory demos in full factory packaging have been sold to dealers &
 for all practical purpose appear as new.  Since in the past, they came
 with full warranty (whose, I'm not sure), I guess it would be wise to heed
 the old adage "Caveat Emptor" & "You get what you pay for" and the
 "Fernando Misadventure Sampling" did show many more pleased rather
 than displeased owners of M6s.

 Marvin Moss