Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs Contax quality control
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 19:33:29 -0500

At 06:15 PM 14-03-98 EST, you wrote:
>LUGers,
>
>With all of the discussion on LUG about quality control (or lack of it) on
the
>M6, I'm wondering if I'll ever follow through with adding an M6 to my two
M3s.
>Does anyone know if similar quality control issues are associated with the
>Contax G1?
>
>Charlie

Consider that there are over 600 members of the LUG, yet I don't think that
there have been more than a handfull of reports of problems with M6s.
Maybe 1% ?  Certainly less than 5.  Not exactly a crisis situation.  The
first couple of rolls of film through my new M6 are perfect, and I must say
the the camera hasn't any problems whatsoever.  This mechanical finish is
flawless, the rangefinder's alignment is perfect, and the wind lever does
not drag into the top plate of the camera.  I don't think I am in the
minority.

Dan C.