Subject: Re: [Leica] warning about plastic on base plate
From: nfrnkish@dux4.tcd.ie (Neil Frankish)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 01:11:22 +0100

There's obviously only one thing to do! I'll take off the plastic cover
(but keep it safe so I can replace it if I sell) and use it as a template
to cut a new one which incorporates a long piece of thin wire which I will
then pass down my shirt and thence down my trouser leg, to be taped to the
sole of my shoe. In this way I can preserve the pristine nature of my
baseplate, without having to worry about static discharge onto the film.

Neil Frankish