Subject: [Leica] Quality control issue was: What happened ?
From: Lucien <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 06:59:51 -0500

Dave wrote:

>Maybe it's time for Solms to check in on this quality control issue.

I'm sure they do.
We are not discussing big companies like Canon or Nikon or Mercedes here.=

We are discussing a small company, who in the past years was merely
making around 10.000 M6 and 7.000 SLR per year.
Now, because of the success of the R8 those numbers have dramaticly
increased.
And at the same time, they start to offer every trimester a lot of new le=
ns
etc...
M 21/24/35 ASPH,Tri-Elmar, 75mm, R 28-70/35-70,80-200, winder, Pola, M6
0,85 etc...

I understand those who were not happy when they received improperly check=
ed
goods,
(I have the same reaction)
but they usually are the same who want the same goods directly available.=

(I confess that I tend also to be like that)
I had my part of problems (not a lot), but I accept them if it's the pric=
to pay
in order to have all the new cameras, lenses and accessories I was waitin=
for
sinds years. (like the R8, 24 & 35 ASPH, 80-200, Pola-M etc..)

Now if they come with the 180/2,8 APO, 35-100/2,8, R-24/2,8 ASPH, R9 AF, =
M7
etc..
and continue to make the M6 (but without red dot), I will be really happy=
=2E
I also accept some problems, because when it happen, they do the best the=
can =

in order to fix it.
(They do it with me anyway, but I don't advertise my problems on the web)=

And I don't think that thinks were better in the old good time of Wetzlar=
,
on the contrary.(Leitz Wetzlar almost died in the 70's)

Except for the temporary quality control and deliveries problems, =

I found them doing a wonderfull job those days.

Now, I'm an amateur photographer and I don't need my camera for my job.

Mmmm, when I re-read this post, it make me think that maybe I'm a little
bit
to forgiving. But that's how I feel today anyway.

O:-) (St Lucien, pray for us!)
 =

Lucien