Subject: Re: [Leica] Photographers named in Diana even
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:17:17 -0600

At 10:23 AM 3/10/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Anyway, this is diagree-with-Eric week (didn't you check your
>calendar?)  so I figured I'd get my part done!  There, I feel better.

I don't care what anybody says. It doesn't matter what format cameras you
use, that has nothing to do with variety of assignments.

In one week, I photographed the President of the United States whatisname.
Bob Dole, items from the Tomb of King Tut (now that was really unusual for
even me!), a 100 year old lady on her birthday, a macro shot of a thistle
weevil on the tip of the finger of an entomologist, a basketball game, food
from India, a dog, a dam on a river that was threatened, salmon, the top of
a mountain, a grave site of a pioneer that was about five miles from any
road, a birthday party for some spoiled kid, a dead scorpion that some guy
killed after it stung him, the Portland Trailblazers and L.A. lakers (oops,
got that already). Some of it on chrome, some on black and white, some on
color neg. Some in the studio, some not. Some assignments, some self-assigned.

Food, fashion, weather, sports, macro, portrait, illustration, science,
natural history, history, archeology, forestry, riots, pumpkins the size of
Volkswagons, the biggest rack (deer not women!) in the State, funny people,
angry people, trials, murders, accidents, fires, earthquakes, floods,
modern and classic airplanes from the air and the ground, and every other
single thing that makes life what it is. The world is our beat. Nobody
shoots more than we do. We may not be as good at putting a can of beer on
chrome that guys like you are Donal, but don't tell me you shoot more
things than I do. The geographical area might be smaller, but that's not
necessarily saying anything. It just isn't true. More often than wanted our
lives are put in danger, and we go to it, not away from it. To top it off,
what we do becomes a part of history. Which is quite gratifying. Much of it
isn't worth that designation, but when it is, it's way cool.

About the only thing we don't photograph is nudes. Even then, it might
happen if it's news. <G>

This is disagree with Eric week? And I didn't know until it's almost half
over? Dang.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.