Subject: [Leica] DESIGNS / Moss/Small/Welch
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:47:53 EST

In a message dated 98-03-10 19:58:09 EST, Marc wrote:
 <<snip>>
 <<sigh>>  This is a different issue.  A bunch of us are arguing over
 whether Leica still DESIGNS things to the same standards.  Current
 production problems are quality control, a whole different point.

 Please correct me if I am wrong but didn't even the venerable E.W.
 concede that all Leica "R"s  with the exception of the R8, were of
 Japanese Minolta design with modifications by Solms and the R8
 was supposed to be totally German designed.  E.W. does make
 a few rash statements but I thing he knows his "R" designs and I
 do remember the consenis of opinion was that Japanese Q.C. is
 second to none.

 MM