Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 question
From: thai pham <phamt@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 13:46:25 -0800 (PST)

- ---Dave Myers  wrote:

> Hello...
>
> I tried it with my Wetzlar M6 SN1702xxx... same thing.
> Very interesting.  But is it a problem or just odd?

It is just the way the synch is designed.  The synch has 2 contact
switches: one is activated by the shutter buton, the other by the left
shutter screen flange.  When both switches are closed, the flash
fires.

The screen switch is closed when the left shutter flange rests on the
left side. When the shutter button uncocked, the left shutter screen
flange rests on the left side, so that swith is close.  When you push
the shutter button, you close the button switch and the flash fires.

When the shutter is cocked, the left shutter screen is on the right
side and that switch is open.  When you press the shutter button, you
close the button switch and also close the shutter which moves the
left screen to the left and also closes the shutter switch.  You just
close both switches and the flash fires.  Again, hard to explain
without a diagram.

Thai.