Subject: Re: [Leica] defective lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 22:17:40 -0600

At 08:59 PM 3/8/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Jeff, consider yourself lucky on your 50mm Elmar-M repair.  They didn't
>replace/fix my defective one.  Now you know where your extra $$$ go when

Don't single Leica out for not supporting non-USA equipment in the U.S.
Nikon won't fix gray market equipment either. For any price. I was told
that by their head NPS guy BIll Pekala. I'm sure Canon has a similar policy.

The Passport warranty pays for some thing, and that is service from the US
importer. If you don't bring in equipment their way, why should they be
obligated to fix it?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes