Subject: [Leica] IIIc Baseplate
From: Bruce Feist <bfeist@flock.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 19:37:47 -0500

Hello, Leica folks;

I have a pair of screw-mount Leicas: a IIIc and a IIIf.  I've had the IIIc for about
25 years, and there's a minor problem with it that's been irritating me for the
duration.  Its baseplate is only locked closed if I lock it half-way -- in other
words, between what should be the open and closed settings.  There's no obvious sign
of damage, but if I try to lock it all the way, it pops open just as easily as if
it's set to the open position.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Weird!

Bruce