Subject: RE: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: "usinet.srlond" <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 11:11:54 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:

>Does it use an active or passive AF system?

Both.  It defaults to passive AF, but if it's dark and the subject is
close enough (<15ft), the infared (invisible) assist light kicks on.
Although I find the M much more convenient in terms of focus confirmation
and ease of framing due to its brighter viewfinder in dark situations, I
have never been unable to focus a G2 due to low-light conditions.