Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron report part 2
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 13:48:30 +0100

At 11:48 07.03.1998 EST, Bob Figlio wrote:
>Wonderful information!
- -- snip
>Thanks for your work and report.

I completely agree with Bob: Wonderful information, Erwin, rich
in comments. And, although I prefer the rigid chrome version even
to the new one, I enjoyed every line of your report. Thanks for
your effort !

Some LUG brother asked for a comparison between coll Summicron
and Summitar.

As Marc J Small pointed out some weeks more early, the coll
Summicron has hardly any advantage on the Summitar. I agree to
Marc from my own experiences: Although low in contrast, the Summitar
is a pretty fine lens beginning at f 2.0.

To get an impression of an uncoated 1939 Summitar's rendition, please
look at:
<http://members.aol.com/abreull/03l.htm>

An example of a 1953 coll LTM Summicron is shown (upper picture) at:
<http://members.aol.com/abreull/l-co-2.htm>

And, an example of a 1962 rigid chrome M Summicron is given at:
<http://members.aol.com/abreull/20l.htm>

Alf

http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm